One pot aromatic pork with rice, a really simple recipe that produces excellent results. One pot dishes are quick, convenient and leave little clean-up afterwards.
A delicious pork and rice dish, that’s packed with flavour and loaded with hearty vegetables. Feel free to swap and change the vegetable arounds, to include what you prefer and leave out what you aren’t so fond of.
One pot aromatic pork with rice
A quick and simple one pot dish, with heaps of veg and bags of flavour.
- Spray cooking oil
- 400 g Bangalow pork medallions, cut into thin strips. (if you are outside Australia and cannot source the Banaglow brand, then you can substitute to any; high quality, hormone free, well marbled pork Medallions)
- 2 red onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 cm piece root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 leek, remove root plate, cut in half, then cut lengthwise into quarters.
- 6 Asparagus spears, remove the tough woody bottom
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 star anise
- 100 g Haricot Vert (French Beans), trimmed and halved
- 100g Broccoli florets
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into batons of about 3cm
- 225 g basmati rice, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 450 ml chicken stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- Spray a heavy-based casserole dish, that has a well fitting lid and is suitable for use on the hob, with a small amount of cooking spray and place over a medium heat.
- First add the aromats; the onions, garlic, ginger, cinnamon stick, bay leaf and star anise, stir for about a minute to release their flavours. Then add the pork and stir-fry for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Add the asparagus, leek, green beans, broccoli, red capsicum, carrots, rice, soy sauce and stock. Season to taste and stir well to mix the ingredients.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to a very low simmer and cover tightly. Cook for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow dish to stand, without removing the lid, for a further 15 minutes
- Finally, remove the lid and fluff up the pork and rice meal with a fork and serve.
Ideal with a crisp white white or a dry style apple cider.
Disclosure: Menu Adventures has no affiliation or association with, nor is sponsored by Bangalow Sweet Pork, I just really like their meat and the flavour it adds to a meal.