Eggs Benedict, a classic American breakfast or brunch menu item. From it’s New York origins, this iconic dish has become instantly recognisable worldwide, but is surprisingly easy to make at home.
So ditch the restaurant prices, get busy in the kitchen and whip up a brunch that will impress friends and family alike.
- 2 English muffins
- 4 Rashers Short-cut middle bacon
- 4 Eggs
- Hollandaise Sauce (click for recipe)
- Dill to garnish
- Oil for frying
- Add a little oil to a heavy based frying pan and cook the bacon to you liking. Keep warn in an oven at low heat.
- Cut the muffins in half, and toast in the frying pan, cut side down. As they are cooking rub them around the pan to soak up the bacon flavour oil, which will help them crips up. Add these to the bacon in the oven to keep warm.
- Poach your eggs in lightly vinegared water, remove from the water and set them to drain on some kitchen towel.
- To plate up, cut the bacon into strips, place 2 halves of muffin on each plate. Put the bacon onto the muffins, stack an egg on each, then dress with your homemade hollandaise. Garnish with finely chopped fresh dill.
Eggs Benedict, the perfect breakfast or brunch dish to impress the house guests, or just for you, when you fancy something a little bit special.